Phoenixville Women’s Outreach provides transitional housing and affordable housing to help women break the cycle of dependence and poverty.
Our mission is to help single homeless and low-income women from crisis to independence by providing:
- housing with a structured program of stability;
- resources and support to break the cycle of dependence and poverty;
- a savings program to aid in becoming financially independent;
- skills trainings empowering self-sufficiency and independence;
- guidance in securing sustainable employment.
When our women are ready to leave, finding affordable housing is a major obstacle in our community. Our Next Step House offers an affordable renting option for women to showcase their self-sufficiency upon leaving the transition house.
“The ability to save and maintain stable employment while being in a safe living situation allowed me to get back on my feet.” – The House Program Participant
Homelessness in Chester County is very real, and the facts are staggering. Last year, more than 600 people were identified as homeless; one in three were women. In January 2015, our dream to open a home for these women to support them on their road to independence became a reality. Phoenixville Women’s Outreach opened The House, a transitional housing program low-income single women experiencing homelessness in the greater Phoenixville area. In addition to safe housing, we provide program participants with support services and counseling to enhance skills, achieve self-sufficiency and move from crisis to independence and beyond. The Next Step House provides affordable housing for women once they are back on their feet to help them showcase their self-sufficiency.
Hear what The House has meant to one of our residents. . .
- Phoenixville Community Health Foundation grants us help with the mortgage of our Next Step House.
- Phoenixville Women’s Outreach is chosen by 100 Women of Phoenixville.
- YARD SALE June 12 from 8 am – 1 pm