There are many ways you can get involved!
We would not exist without the support of dedicated volunteers; some working directly with our residents and others working behind the scenes.
If you or your group would like to help, take a look at the current volunteer opportunities below and then complete the New Volunteer Information Form.
If you have questions about our volunteer program, contact Bonnie Misko at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-302-8153.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Resident Support and Personal Development
- Leading workshops on personal development, e.g., time management, budgeting, etc.
- Driving Team, drive residents to job interviews, doctor appointments, etc.
- Recovery / AA Support
Resident Skill and Career Development
- Education support, e.g., GED tutoring
- Computer skills training
- Job search and résumé preparation
- Community networking for employment opportunities
- Coordinate social activities for residents
- Cooking for special events (no need for daily meals for residents)
- Organic gardening
- Teaching crafts to residents and making crafts for fundraising events
Other Ways to Help
- House maintenance, e.g, home repairs, moving furniture, yard cleanup
- Fundraising, plan and help with fundraising events
- Administrative support, telephone and email communications (proficiency with word processing, Gmail and Excel)
- Professional expertise, e.g., legal, accounting, nonprofits, public relations, etc.
- Technology expertise, e.g., word processing, data entry and database, WordPress, Google Apps, SalesForce CRM
If you have additional questions about our volunteer program, contact Bonnie Misko at email@example.com or 484-302-8153.